deco times for trimix...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetkiwi

Registered
Reaction score
I bought the DIR dvds from GUE. That's a lot of initials in one sentence. In any case they mentioned how they have really brought down the deco times for dives because of A: using more helium; and B: the way they do the deco stops.

I was really intrigued by this and would like more info. I have Jarrod's book but that doesn't mntion it either. Where can I find more information on it?

Let me throw a quick hack-job at you that should get the broad points across.

If I recall correctly, what Geroge is talking about with respect to cutting deco times substantially is for the types of very serious BT's and depths they are discussing.

Lets face it. A huge majority of us will simply never reach the level of skill and dedication that it takes to accomplish these dives, so we are in the range of what George calls "Bounce Dives in tec classes" . LOL. He's the best isn't he :)

That's a broad/general sweeping statement, but it's pretty accurate I believe, especially when we're talking BT's of 1 hr plus deco MAX, as being long dives in our area due to water temps etc.

I don't know how prevalent it is out there, but what George says that IS relevant to the types of diving that I/we do, is what I was taught by my (non-GUE) trimix instructor anyway.

He was taught by JJ at one point, so I can't say if this is why he teaches it this way or not.

The basic answer I got when asking this type of question was simply we are at the minimum deco range, which means essentially we're not doing long enough bottom times to warrant "substantial" reduction in deco times. In fact, George states this in that DVD I do believe.

Whether you prescribe to deco-on-the-fly or Ratio deco, you'd see no appreciable difference between the two, ditto for most software programs that I've used.

Again, a generic statement, but for our "weenie" dives, this is basically true.

I believe the WKPP schedule is posted on their site. I guess you could run the profile on a piece of deco software to see the difference in those dives, for curiosity sake.

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom