Deco in Geo, not in VT3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what it's worth:

Recreationaly, I use Oceanic computers.

Over the last couple trips I've worn two on every dive, as a backup.

• Atmos II
  • Manta (Aeris version of the Geo)

At the end of a weeks' worth of diving (about 28 dives) they would agree within a minute.

All the best, James

PS - there is a way to set extra conservatism on the Manta (Geo), perhaps this is enabled?

Were both your computers set for the same mix?

Looking at his attached screenshots, it appears they were both set for air.

All the best, James

They were both set for air, and both in normal, not conservative. Both should also read out the elevation correctly, what would be the point otherwise?

More and more confusing, and scary, too! What if the Geo is more "precise" and the VT3 is off due to production tolerances or other faults? Without me knowing, I could face DCS because of a fault when relying on the wrong tool.

For sure the VEO / XR line of computers is quite a bit different from the other Pelagic computers (MOD-protocol computers such as AI, Elite, Versa, etc and the transmitter-based computers, VT3, T3, Atom 2.0, GEO, Manta...) This is born out of research from the memory downloads, that the firmware and possibly the internal hardware is considerably different...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom