Deco Bottle Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DhugalMac

Registered
Reaction score
This question has most likely been answered somewhere in this forum before, but I have not found it yet. So I apologize for any possible redundancy in advance.

I am setting up one of my aluminum 80's as a Deco bottle (yea its bigger than necessary, but I already own it) and I need to fit it with a harness. I have seen the commercially available ones and they are relatively costly for what you get - a large hose clamp, some nylon cord covered with a plastic tube, a couple of SS snaps and a couple of inner-tube bands. Plus I already have most of the component materials already.

Instead of waiting to get together with other tek divers and measuring their setup only to then have to wait until the next trip when I can use the measurements to set up my harness, I was wondering if any of you had dimensions on yours or if there was a website that said something like...
" Mount the hose clamp N inches below the cylinder neck, etc.... "

Thanks,
JRB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom