Decent and Inexpensive camera for freshwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out Ebay. There are a lot of inexpensive underwater cameras and housing listed there.

Ebay

Scott

I rented what I think was a sealife reefmaster and was fairly happy with it, but the vis that day was 40+ and not sure how it would do in low vis water. I was wanting to spend about 100 - 150.

At that price range, your choices are going to be fairly limited. I think you can get a Sealife DC100 for around $200.

That looks like pretty clear water. Have you had it in 5 - 10 ft. vis yet? That's probably the norm here in the midwest. Thanks for the information!!

jmoore73 once bubbled...
That looks like pretty clear water. Have you had it in 5 - 10 ft. vis yet? That's probably the norm here in the midwest. Thanks for the information!!

Yes, which is why there arnt more pictures. They didnt come out.

I've also got the Suprema Sport. It's a good, cheap, basic 35mm camera. I think you can find it for ~$45 if you shop around.

Also, some types of disposable underwater cameras can be reloaded & reused, if you're careful taking them apart. The one I used to have looked like the little cheap black disposable cameras that they sell everywhere, inside of a hard, clear plastic rectangular case. It cost about $20. It had a flash, but you had to advance the film manually after each shot. And they wind backwards - you "unwind" a new roll before use (with a pick and a screwdriver), and the film rewinds itself back into the roll one picture at a time as you use it. On the package it said it was only good to 15 feet, but I had no problem until ~70 feet, when the outer case squeezed-in and I couldn't advance the film. But it didn't leak or anything. One day I broke it & threw it away. I'm not sure what brand it was or where they sell this type of camera around here (I bought that one at a Kiosk in Cozumel).

I haven't had any luck trying to reload the blue Kodak underwater disposable cameras that they sell at places like Wal-Mart. I'd probably buy another one of those black & clear disposables if I could find one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom