Dec-Feb thermal protection selection?

What are you wearing?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I changed my vote from 3/5 full to 5 mm because it's actually a 4/5. I also have worn a hooded Lavacore beneath it during these months.

The survey sure seems to show that we are all over the board when it comes to cold tolerance.

The survey sure seems to show that we are all over the board when it comes to cold tolerance.
Yep! I used to be very comfortable in a 3 mm...then I went to 5, and now it's 7 mm. All of this with a beanie or hooded vest underneath. And sometimes with a 7 mm shortie on top. Did I mention that I'm old and skinny?

For my own hobby of searching for cenote outflows, was it possible this cold water was coming from the wall? That's the right temperature for the fresh water of the cenotes/QUOTE]
I don't think so it was right on the edge of the 'wall' mid way through Bricks.I have been through this area many times and I have never seen or felt a fresh water outflow before Also it did not have a helocline shimmer.

Surf shorts and a 3mm jacket year round. Not in the poll.

need beanie added to vote.... I always have to start using one after multiple dive days.
Also I wear dive socks with my 5ml booties. When my head and feet stay warm, I can stay warm...... :)

5 mm full suit
3 mm beanie
6.5mm boots

I wore a 2.5 mm full with a Lavacore sleeveless hoodie underneath and I was fine.

Just got back Friday.
3/2 full suit w/rash guard under
3mm boots
Buff on my head
Was cold day one but computer showed 72-73deg. Otherwise fine, even in 4 day dives.

Windbreaker on the boat made the difference.

Back
Top Bottom