Dec. 6, 2009 Nanoose-area dive reports and photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, and we thought that some people in Lions Bay were grumpy. At least nobody damaged anyone else's property. I'm noticing a trend where people who feel righteous about "their" property don't like to be seen.

I have cheap windshield wipers so maybe they didn't mean to break it. I bet there are lots of waterfront home-owners that don't know of the public rights-of-way even though they are shown on the zoning maps (every 200 meters leading from the nearest road to the water).

Anyone know why the horses are there - are they a marker for divers swimming around from Dolphin maybe?

Saw at least one in September 2008 at Tyee (now I can't remember if there was one or two) and funnily enough I too thought at first I was looking at a jellyfish - then when my brain finally worked out what I was looking at it did seem creepy at the time.
Sorry to hear about the wiper - hopefully it was just an accident - but then they should have left an apology along with the territorial claim.

BTW Swankenstein - and more importantly - many thanks for the posts and pictures. I really enjoy seeing the descriptions and pictures on your website. Vancouver Island is one of my all time favorite places to dive but a long way from home (in Australia) so it is great to look at your site and dive updates and be reminded about the dives I have already done in BC and find out about new places. Have just booked flights and am really looking forward to getting back to BC in September 2010 for the sixth time to do some more diving.

Back
Top Bottom