dec 26th catalina photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lee, thanks for your nice comments. You get that shadowy lighting effect as a bonus when you get really close to a 3-d subject with a ultra-wide angle lens and have your strobes far out to the sides pointed forwards.

Regarding swimming up, getting close and firing, I think we've all done that a few times :)

Scott

Hey Scott,

Great photos! In the first I like the shadowy lighting effect - not sure if that was your intention (although I bet it was), but it gives the scene a real underwater look... subject matter not withstanding, of course! Great colours, a variety of textures combined with such clarity and just the right amount of contrast - very nice.

The macro image of the gorgonian is awesome! The part that stands out for me, other than the really nice DOF, is the comp. It looks very well thought out on your part. I've seen so many (and taken a few myself) that looked like the photographer simply swam up, got close, and fired. Again, nice work.

Thanks for sharing.

Lee

Wow, that first one is breathtaking...

Do submit both for the best of 2009 photo thread as well as the various diving magazines and photo contests in UW photo forums. Let us know so we can come vote for you. :)

The lighting is absolutely perfect on #1. Great job.

Oh, that first one is stunning! And I love the supermacro stuff on corals and sea fans and the like -- so many beautiful geometric designs to be found there. Thanks for putting these up!

Beautiful!

thanks alot NETim

First photo is just wonderful - about as good as it gets. Thanks for posting.

thanks so much Dave, it was a beautiful scene - can't wait to get back to it

Love that first shot! Nice job!

thank you anferney

wow as mentioned the shadow and lighting effects on the first photo are wonderful.
almost 3d like.
cheers

thanks Rab. Glad you like the lighting - but it was nothing too tricky!

Back
Top Bottom