dec 26th catalina photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I thought I'd share a couple photos from Catalina island 2 days ago..except for surge, conditions were pretty nice, good vis and 57 degrees.

750779044_MZuVL-L.jpg

Sea fans at the west end of Catalina.

750779488_j2Fwy-L.jpg

Gorgonian polyps close-up

enjoy,
Scott

Hey Scott,

Great photos! In the first I like the shadowy lighting effect - not sure if that was your intention (although I bet it was), but it gives the scene a real underwater look... subject matter not withstanding, of course! Great colours, a variety of textures combined with such clarity and just the right amount of contrast - very nice.

The macro image of the gorgonian is awesome! The part that stands out for me, other than the really nice DOF, is the comp. It looks very well thought out on your part. I've seen so many (and taken a few myself) that looked like the photographer simply swam up, got close, and fired. Again, nice work.

Thanks for sharing.

Lee

Beautiful

Great pics, Scott. Love the reef scene.

Beautiful!

First photo is just wonderful - about as good as it gets. Thanks for posting.

Love that first shot! Nice job!

wow as mentioned the shadow and lighting effects on the first photo are wonderful.
almost 3d like.
cheers

Back
Top Bottom