Death on the Cedarville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaScott

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Very sad to post something of this nature, but it shook me and our group up a little when we learned the information....

All this information is second hand and from the radio broadcast on the way to work this morning....

A 57 year old Mich. man died while diving the Cedarville approx. 10:30 am, Aug 31. Cause of death is under investigation, but initial speculation is saying a heart attack. He was diving a rebreather, and was found about 75' from the wreck in 108' by police dive team. His equipment was functioning properly.

Again, this is what we found out from our captain once we returned to port, and from a sketchy radio report this morning.

ICUROK, dgreatlakesdivr, ScubaScottE, and myself were on the Young when coast guard and 1 or 2 other boats made a bee-line for the Cedarville.... a link to Deb's post is here

Name has not been released yet, but my thoughts and prayers go to family and friends.....

SS

Sorry to hear...my condolences to family and friends

My condolences also. This seems to have become a bit too common over the last couple of weeks........

Thanks Big-T..... the radio had said he was a Michigan Man, but I know that were several divers from Wisconsin here this past weekend, so that is likely the real deal....

SS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom