Death Frequency Data?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only got as far as his "Grand Cayman Islands" comment and stopped.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the information. My brother Steve wrote up most of the site, and I promise we'll do our best to make things better.

As to the exploding. We haven't heard of an actual explosion, as you see in the movies, but we know someone who's mother died of a blood vessel popping (the doctor, for the record, said "it exploded") after coming up too fast.

Thanks Again,
Ken

Are exploding divers as common as "spontaineously combusting" Skydivers?

Not to be too critical Ken...I applaud your developing your website. However...I agree with the others. I counted 3 times you mentioned how SCUBA diving can kill you. This isn't going to get many people, who visit your website, very psyched about learning to dive. Actually SCUBA diving is a very safe sport if you apply safe diving practices. Compared to the number of dives done each year, your chances of dying are very, very slim. I also agree you need to tone down the wording.
As far as exploding divers:) Maybe you were trying to describe lung expansion injuries. I just can't get the picture out of my mind..KABOOM:O

while there will be possibly all the time a small "dark area", DAN publishes a yearly accident report which is very informative, detailed and comprehensive (as others said before me). thats possibly the way to go for you to get a decent coverage.

1_T_Submariner:
Are exploding divers as common as "spontaineously combusting" Skydivers?
YES! especially during your common deco stops on 100% O2 while smoking the first cigarette after. j/k

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom