Deaf After Snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yet another update..

Not only has hearing continued to improve, but most days I don't even notice an abnormality. My son and I have continued diving regularly without any incident, I equalize religiously every few feet and have given up freediving due to the up and downs. My son and I are now in our rescue diver course and while he will be finished until he is 18, I plan on continuing on with my DM. Already have my 6 pack and am a licensed critical care Paramedic, I might pick up a job or be contingent for a little something else to do with a local dive boat.

Anyway, life is good and hearing is almost back to normal, what little isn't I don't notice anymore. As a matter of fact my buddy and I are playing music down here and I'm now doing that full-time making more than I did working a normal gig. Best part is the flexibility to dive, sail and have fun!

Cheers!

OP, glad to know your hearing returned (even if it was only partially). I can equalize my ears just by wiggling my jaw as well and I've always been concerned I'd have a problem with not doing it quickly enough one day. Also have tinnitus in my right ear from a gunshot wound (guy that shot me was two feet behind me and off to the right, in a 10x12 room), so ringing is something I deal with almost daily. I feel like I go partially deaf and a fire alarm is going off in my ear for 10-15 minutes at a time, then it just goes away... it's weird.

Back
Top Bottom