Deadly stingrays attack and injure billionaire at Stingray City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tech_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I couldn't bring myself to post this in the A and I forum.

It sounds like a joke but hundreds of tourists are injured by stingray hickies at Stingray City every year. Perhaps it's time to launch an eradication program against these deadly and violent predators. Perhaps, we need to end the dangerous practice of stingray dives.

Richard Branson left bloodied and cut after being ATTACKED by deadly stingrays

Are you serious with this post? A hickey is "deadly?" The blood on his eyebrow is from walking into a glass door?
What kind of silly rabble are you trying to rouse?

Last edited:
perhaps we should ban glass doors where humans roam and graze..

Reactions: Jax
I don't write it.... I just report it.

I'm sure however that Fay Strang, writer for the UK Mirror article, won't be going to the dangerous waters Stingray City anytime soon.

I don't write it.... I just report it.

I'm sure however that Fay Strang, writer for the UK Mirror article, won't be going to the dangerous waters Stingray City anytime soon.
Right. You wrote the title, and so perpetuated the nonsense. Nice job.

Sounds to me they should either ban jewelry stores or anniversaries.

I couldn't bring myself to post this in the A and I forum.

It sounds like a joke but hundreds of tourists are injured by stingray hickies at Stingray City every year. Perhaps it's time to launch an eradication program against these deadly and violent predators. Perhaps, we need to end the dangerous practice of stingray dives.

Richard Branson left bloodied and cut after being ATTACKED by deadly stingrays
He also sustained a cut to his head which required stitches after he walked into a glass door just a few days later.

Could alcohol possibly have been involved?

Could alcohol possibly have been involved?
Let's hope so, because otherwise this guy is a darwin award waiting to happen.

You wrote the title, and so perpetuated the nonsense. Nice job.
Have you considered re-tuning your irony/humor detector? I found the thread title quite funny, particularly after reading the OP and the linked article.

because Stingrays are actually Sharks? :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom