Dcs???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobG

Reaction score
I had did my first real marathon dives last weekend. On Saturday I did 3 dives (physically wore me out). I usually do 1 or 2 dives in a day, not 3 in 6 hours.

Dive 1 - Max Depth 97 feet, Ave 85ft, 27 Min, 3 min safety stop, 1:30 sit

Dive 2 - Max Depth 77 ft, Ave 70ft, 34 Min, 3 min safety stop, 1:21 sit

Dive 3 - Max Depth 89 ft, Ave 75ft, 28 Min, 2 min safety stop (Ran very low on air)

On the trip home I felt ok, but had a pain in my right forearm. I thought I pulled it during my last dive while I was fighting a lobster into the bag. The pain went away on Monday. From Sun to Wed I have had a stiff neck and sore shoulder. Now on Thurs I just have a stiff neck and all of the other pains are gone, but I have had a lingering head ache since Monday.

After many years in the military, I am pretty well broke. I have had numerous shoulder and lower back surgerys. So I am used to the daily pains in the shoulder and lower back, but very rarely have a stiff neck.

I have been under a large amount of stress at work lately, but I have never reacted to stress this way.

So I am not sure if this is just the normal aches and pains caused by stress and military damage or DCS.

I have been using diving as a stress reduction tool. I get to focus 100% on something fun. I really want to go diving this weekend (Hurricane permitting) to de-stress, but not if it is DCS.

Rob

RobG:
I had did my first real marathon dives last weekend. On Saturday I did 3 dives (physically wore me out). I usually do 1 or 2 dives in a day, not 3 in 6 hours.

Dive 1 - Max Depth 97 feet, Ave 85ft, 27 Min, 3 min safety stop, 1:30 sit

Dive 2 - Max Depth 77 ft, Ave 70ft, 34 Min, 3 min safety stop, 1:21 sit

Dive 3 - Max Depth 89 ft, Ave 75ft, 28 Min, 2 min safety stop (Ran very low on air)

On the trip home I felt ok, but had a pain in my right forearm. I thought I pulled it during my last dive while I was fighting a lobster into the bag. The pain went away on Monday. From Sun to Wed I have had a stiff neck and sore shoulder. Now on Thurs I just have a stiff neck and all of the other pains are gone, but I have had a lingering head ache since Monday.

After many years in the military, I am pretty well broke. I have had numerous shoulder and lower back surgerys. So I am used to the daily pains in the shoulder and lower back, but very rarely have a stiff neck.

I have been under a large amount of stress at work lately, but I have never reacted to stress this way.

So I am not sure if this is just the normal aches and pains caused by stress and military damage or DCS.

I have been using diving as a stress reduction tool. I get to focus 100% on something fun. I really want to go diving this weekend (Hurricane permitting) to de-stress, but not if it is DCS.

Rob

I am sure that the others would say the same thing, but - if you having ANY doubts - call DAN. The calls are free and you do not have to be a member. They would have doctors on line who would be able to access you better than any of us would do.

As for the upcomign w/e, i'd say skip it - if you did have DCS, you'll likely aggravate is - but i am not a doc, just been bent before

Good luck and call DAN 1-800-326-3822

The situation that you describe is far more consistent with a mechanical than a DCS-related cause for your symptoms.

Nonetheless, it would be prudent to pass on the scuba until the unaccounted for aches and pains have resolved or until you receive medical clearance to dive.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom