DCS recurrence?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karararar

Registered
Reaction score
I experienced DCS type 1 (left elbow)/ suspected type2 (audiovestibular) a week ago, received 4 hyperbaric treatments. My elbow feels fine but yesterday after a stressful day in work I felt dizzy again and am really tired. Rang DAN (europe) but they said its not dcs, however the same doc told me I didnt have dcs when i orginally phoned and on a second opinion I was put in a chamber. I am worried that it could be DCS recurrance. Is there even such a thing?

Im sure Im paranoid now!:D I feel I cant trust DAN:shakehead:
The dcs occurred due to a missed deco stop followed by repetitve diving and a flight. I was in complete denial that I had DCS at all. I was treated on table 62.

Hello Kararar:

I doubt that you are experiencing reoccurring DCS at this late time.

If you were treated four times in a hyperbaric chamber, I will make the guess that improvement was seen with each treatment. It that is the case, any tissue bubbles are certainly gone.

If improvement was not noticed, then they were simply assuming it was definitely DCS and they would give you ‘intensive therapy.’ This would be the incorrect approach.

Either way, I truly doubt that you have DCS again – the nerve pain might be real from something else, however.

I did improve with treatment thats why I only had four. But it was delayed by a few days initally. I spoke with he hyperbaric chamber and they reassessed me and gave me the all clear. Paranoia is the diagnosis!! LOL

Thanks Dr Deco!

If I'd had to ride the chamber 4 times, I'd be a little paranoid I think. No shame.

Any other reason why you may have "felt dizzy again and am really tired"..?

Back
Top Bottom