DC800 Pro Strobe Malfuntion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_frog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a DC800 Pro that is maybe a year old. One strobe works fine (left), the other not at all (right). I took the batteries and locking cover off the left and put it on the right. The right now works but the on/off switch does nothing. Strobes are always on. I then put the original batteries in the right strobe with the back cover from the left. Right still works. I then put the right cover on the left....left now does not work. This is telling me that the one battery cover is bad.

So bottom line I need one battery cover and somehow fix the on/off switch. I do not see on the Sea Life site where you can buy just the cover. Short of going to a dealer (the one in my area I just don't like) any suggestions about getting the cover to make the connection or fixing the on/off switch.

Thanks for the help.

If you want to send me your address in a PM I can send out a battery cover for you.

Joe

Thanks Joe but I don't need it any more. I spoke with Karl a couple weeks ago and because it was still under warranty and after speaking with him, there were other issues, he replaced the strobe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom