DC800 alternating wir/buzz sound on video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ctyhallcoolio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got a new DC800 pro kit. Testing it out to see if I really like it. So far I found this annoying thing. When shooting video out of case just regular camera there is an annoying alternating buzz wirr, buzz wirr, noise. I guess like internals power or noise bleed over affecting the mic. I expected this for being the latest and greatest to be as clean noise as my Olympus 770SW I am switching from but it doesn't seem to be so far.

Anyone else notice noise, this typical of sealife products, or did I get a bad 1st one off the assembly line?

Where to send that email... you can PM me if you don't want that out on the board.

We have researched the DC800 audio interference issue and confirm that there is a minor background sound that may be noticeable during video recording in a quiet environment. Our engineers have fine-tuned the camera’s audio quality to further minimize the interference. We don’t see this as a major issue because videos taken on land will normally have some background sound that hides any audio interference. The audio portion for underwater video is normally just the sound of the diver breathing. It is easy for you to add music and edit your underwater videos using Microsoft Movie Maker. Movie Maker is a free video editing software that is included on Microsoft XP and Vista operating systems. You can see a sample video on our website which was filmed with the DC800 and edited using Movie Maker. Click here - SeaLife Underwater Cameras

Back
Top Bottom