DC600 options ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmitch3938

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is the best card to use in the DC600 and is there a battery upgrade as I have read a lot of stories about problems with the DC600 batteries dying quickly and is it better to get the digital flash with the camera or use the one included in the pro pack ? thanks for any input..

DId you already buy it? The digital flash just gives you the option of adjusting the amount of light manually or having an auto setting....pretty usefull in my opinion :wink:

I dont think there is an upgrade to the battery, I would just buy a second one or two to have on hand and just replace after each dive then charge at night

I don't know of a battery upgrade for the DC600 but I get about 60-70 shots or about 40 minutes on a battery charge, if you haven't bought the camera yet, the DC800 is out and has solved the battery issues, I've gotten 3 dives over 45 minutes each on a single charge with mine. I have both a DC600 with the digital strobe and a DC800 that I have set up with Sea and Sea strobes. The digital flash works quite well and I believe it is the same flash that came with the pro pack. If you are interested in picking up a used DC600 with strobe contact me. Good luck, the Sea Life Cameras work quite well and are easy to get great shots with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom