DC600 issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gypsyjim

I have an alibi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I may have killed my trusty DC600 this last week on Bonaire.

During a night dive the battery symbol turned red, and the camera would not shut off until the battery died. Shots were pure white, although the screen itself had a clear image until I tried to take a picture.

The camera was still quite warm @ an hr later when I got back to the room and removed it from it's UW housing. After that, every image was pure white, not matter what setting I used.

I found one drop of moisture inside the housing, but I may have transferred. that with my hands. Not sure.

A day or two later the image on the screen looks good, but any picture taken is quite white or yellowish.

Has anyone any experience with this problem? Is it fixable, or is this the end of the line for this workhorse?

My suggestion is call sea life at 1-856-866-9191 ext 136 and taalk with Karl in service support you will never speak with a nicer guy guaranteed...he is the sea life camera goro...good luck

It would be best to give our Service team a call. They are all great. My guess is that by the sounds of it, it might be water damaged, shorted out. You can always try to reset the camera through the menu system.

Thanks Joe, I called the # OklahomaDiver listed this morning and left a message on the service dept voicemail. I sure hope we can save this camera, as it has been really good to me up until last Wed's night dive, and I would really hate to have to buy a new one right now!

Thanks Joe, I called the # OklahomaDiver listed this morning and left a message on the service dept voicemail. I sure hope we can save this camera, as it has been really good to me up until last Wed's night dive, and I would really hate to have to buy a new one right now!

Ya, it would really suck to have to buy a new piece of gear:D

Maybe this will help ease your pain, (just trying to help:D)

SeaLife Cameras - Underwater Digital Camera - DC1000

I saw this camera at the LDS "May Sale" very nice! The link say DC1000 but the link actually shows the DC1200

Hope Mrs GypsyJim doesn't fell it necessary to hunt me down and kill me!

Ya, it would really suck to have to buy a new piece of gear:D

Maybe this will help ease your pain, (just trying to help:D)

SeaLife Cameras - Underwater Digital Camera - DC1000

I saw this camera at the LDS "May Sale" very nice! The link say DC1000 but the link actually shows the DC1200

Hope Mrs GypsyJim doesn't fell it necessary to hunt me down and kill me!

It would not be you my lady would hunt down and kill :shakehead:

At this point, with all the gear changes, dive travel, and training I have been spending $$$$ on, if this camera dies, it's back to my original DC100 for a while. A used camera would be the next step, but as I have only training dives for the next month or 2, even a used camera will take low priority for now.

I was able to borrow a used Cannon 550 for the last half of last week on Bonaire, so I will get a chance to compare results when I start playing with the pics from both in PS sometime soon (I hope soon, anyway).

It would not be you my lady would hunt down and kill :shakehead:

At this point, with all the gear changes, dive travel, and training I have been spending $$$$ on, if this camera dies, it's back to my original DC100 for a while. A used camera would be the next step, but as I have only training dives for the next month or 2, even a used camera will take low priority for now.

Just trying to be helpful (and perhaps humourous) Guess it didn't work. I would loan you my DC800 if it would help any! But then I would have to buy a new one and the Mrs wouldn't be very happy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom