DC500 or Bonica Snapper DV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Sealife, the video is quite good, and it is easy for a beginner

I have a DC500 , taken a few hundred pictures and never had a problem with it yet.

I got the Snapper for my birthday. As a land video camera, it's extremely easy to use. The one criticism I have is that the zoom is slow AND makes a noise you can hear on the tape. But I find the housing challenging -- The buttons are very close together and difficult to push in dry gloves, and it didn't come with a manual, so I'm having to piece together which button does what by pushing them and seen what comes up on the display.

GRTLKSDIVER:
I'm looking for a new camera with some video capability, the Sealife DC500 and the Bomica Snapper DV both seem to be in the range i'm looking for. Any thoughts from those who have used them?

Before you make any decisions, please see some pics from the CanonA570(no strobe either).....AND the videos are excellent.....the 1st 10 pics on the front page are from Little Cayman last week(I goofed in posting the last days-Friday's pics) then click on LCmonday, LCtuesday and LCthursday for the rest of them that I have uploaded so far.......also, click on :more recent posts by me--- I made a post a little while ago & have 4 or 5 pics on there........

btw, talked to a guy @ Little Cayman who was shooting some sort of SeaLife camera & he said he was having to change the battery after every dive, it was 'horrible battery system'....good luck ...also, I paid $240 for the camera & $170 for the UW housing 4 months ago(I think they might have gone down a little since?).http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/GEAUXtiger/

I'd vote for the Canon A series, too. Does great little video, is very easy to use and produces lovely photos to boot. They don't chew batteries, they do have good macro capabitilies and they allow for pretty easy manual white balancing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom