DC3 Yoke 1st Stage - which way is up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coops

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

Just got a full Hollis BP&W rig for Xmas :cool2: Just a quick question regarding the DC3 1st Stage (Yoke)...

Which way up should the 1st stage be?!?! That's not as stupid as it sounds...

If you go by the position of the only HP port (on the left as you look 'forwards') and the fact that my supplier attached the Primary on the opposite side (the right), you'd think "OK, it HAS to be THAT way up".

Problem is, every product shot I've seen on the web of the DC3 is the OTHER way up :shocked2: So, I guess my question put simply is:

1) which way should the 'LP ports end' of the DC3 point when the diver is standing upright? and...

2) if you dive with it the WRONG way (*ahem*) - could that cause any malfunction or even damage? I guess the ends are the same way up when you're horizontal!

Cheers in advance.

Don't overthink it. There is no right way up, the reason the DC3 has only one HP port is because the guys using them for doubles will mount them sideways, so the SPG hose will go straight down.

It'll work fine in any direction.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom