DC1400 difficult to use buttons underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have found that during a good week of diving, the buttons on my DC1200 begin to not function properly even after putting in fresh water right after the dive and rinsing off the case. I found you need to exercise all the buttons and controls while in fresh water to really clean it out. After figuring that out, it works like new the next morning every time!
What a great tip, totally logical.

What a great tip, totally logical.

Sealife actually recommends that procedure in the user manual. While I usually don't rinse between stints, I do 'soak' my cam for about 10min and go through pushing each button 5-10(if slow) times under running water. Has kept them going for 6 years now ...

Sealife actually recommends that procedure in the user manual. While I usually don't rinse between stints, I do 'soak' my cam for about 10min and go through pushing each button 5-10(if slow) times under running water. Has kept them going for 6 years now ...
What's a manual ?:bonk:

I just got home from the BTS show. Talked with a Sea Life rep yesterday morning. Showed him my camera and within seconds he told me the control for the zoom didn't feel right. He said if that control is not working right it could cause the other buttons to not respond correctly. As soon as he said that I remembered I was also having trouble with the zoom a couple times, but thought it was just me getting used to a new camera. He told me to send the case (and camera) back to the company for repair/replacement. So, I am glad I didn't just think it was me not using the camera correctly. Glad I brought the camera to the show and talked to him.

Sealife has always had great customer service. I am not surprised to know that they are going to fix or replace yours.

Only problem I have had is the shutter button getting stuck. I have only doe with it a few times and I thought I was doing a good rinse and cycled the buttons after each use, but it has stuck on me twice now. The first time I was able to get it to free up during the dive. The last time it stuck after m third shot and wouldn't budge. When I got it home and pushed it from the inside it still didn't want to break free. It seem like it may be an interference with the button and the housing and not just sticking form poor post dive cleaning. I plan to give it one more chance, if it sticks again it's going back to SL for repair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom