DC1200 & Strobe - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finbob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I purchased a DC1200 and later added the flash. On receiving the flash I checked it out and all seemed fine. I then thought I would test the assembly under water. I saw a few small bubbles from around the flash - now the thing doesn't work! :confused:

Upon checking the flash it works fine manually. That is when I turn the test setting on the flash head there is a nice flash. The camera works fine. Therefore. thinking it is the flash-link-cable I unscrewed it from the flash head and fired the camera. The light appeared at the other end of the flash-link cable where it screws into the flash head.

Summary: The flash works manually, the flash-cable transmits the light from the camera to the flash head and yes the camera works - but hey no flash when all three are put together! :shakehead:

Friends any help would greatly be appreciated. I leave this Tuesday for the Far East and then on to Sipadan - help!

Last edited:
flareside: It is the new Sealife Pro Digital Flash (SL961).
Any ideas? - Finbob

You may want to move this to the Sealife forum. Those guys are pretty good at answering questions and helping solve problems.

By the way, the DC 1200 is a nice camera. I have a DC 800 and have had great luck with it. I think the strobe is the same one I have. You will see some bubbles from it. There is a lot of places that bubbles come out of on the arm. If you have a warranty problems the sealife folks will help. I have seen them reply very quickly to posts in that forum. Good luck, I am sure it is something simple to solve.

dmoore19: Taking your advice, I have 'cut & pasted' this to the Sealife forum, which I didn't know existed. Hopefully you are correct 'something simple to solve' otherwise I will have to go without it.:( Thank you!

Don't know if the 1200 is the same as the DC800. But do you have the camera set to the external flash auto mode? I am sure you probably have done this but I have to ask. That forces the internal flash to flash every time which will make the strobe flash too. It may be different on the 1200, I don't know.

Just found out from the Sealife post it was the settings in my flash.

Everything is fine now!:D

Back
Top Bottom