DC1200 First Time user results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Learned some lessons. Was not thrilled with any of the pictures..........initially.

Internal flash causes too much scatter. I know I need a strobe.

Was at a reef 16-23 feet and set the camera to snorkel <25 feet and they were all like a monotone green. Tried the >25' setting and everything was very red. Best photos were without scatter using the internal flash for true colors.

After I got home and opened the files up on Gimp then auto adjusted the white balance on all of the photos, they started coming to life. Much better but I have a long, long way to go. Check out the photos please.

Key Largo Jan 2011 pictures by ivsenroute - Photobucket

PICT0201.jpg

PICT0205.jpg
PICT0207.jpg

PICT0209.jpg

PICT0213.jpg

PICT0223.jpg

PICT0226.jpg

PICT0227.jpg

PICT0228.jpg

PICT0247.jpg

PICT0248.jpg

PICT0251.jpg

PICT0254.jpg

PICT0258.jpg

PICT0262.jpg

PICT0264.jpg

The sad part is that except for the nurse shark, lobster and stingray, I probably could not identify any of these fish.

Something I need to work on. Too much time in fresh water.......

Great pics. Cool pole. Bad fish. Can't wait to try out my new DC1200. :D

Every single pic you see had to have the white balance adjusted with a software program before I posted them. None of them looked good except the ones I used the built in flash and did not get scatter. Thank goodness for software otherwise I would be very disappointed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom