DC 1400 Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobra269

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In Cozumel right now trying out my DC1400 for the first time. Just downloaded my pics from yesterday. The video is awlful when viewed on my computer. Is this because it's HD and computer isn't. If this is the case, will all video transfered to store on my computer - will the HD be lost when I again transfer to a HD CD? The pics are great by the way. Any help is appreciated.

Was in Cozumel also in May. Forst time using the DC1400 HD Video and Video Light with dual strobes. I recently used a new DC1400 setup with Two strobes and attached the Video light in between, so it was perfectly centered for HD video. I was very disappointed to note that, even while drift diving 1-2 feet over the reefs in Cozumel this May, my videos, with light on and camera set accordingly using Easy Set-Up, fully automatically sets the rights color etc. my videos were VERY BLUE, and there is a large amount of "pixelization" at the edges (25% of the video...). I have posted a video to youtube to see if anyone has any suggestions. This is a 2-3 foot large large lobster who walked out of his cave directly towards the camera and then alongside. Yet I get no color, and lots of pixel creeping all across the top of the video at several points.

Here's one video: DC1400 Video w. Video Light LARGE LOBSTER WALKING Cozumel May 2012 - YouTube

Another note: a guy I met oin the airport coming back said he uses a Red Filter on his DC1400, but I can find no reference to such a filter being available. Any ideas? I also use the "Vivid" color setting which helped a little bit in the color of my still shots.

You shouldn't have to use the red filter when you are using the video light. The blue water/green water settings at Snorkel or scuba incorporate filters but they arefor use without lighting. You have a setting for external strobe, external video light or combination.
I know that you have to be quite close to the subject when using the video light especially in daylight. I also got mixed results when shooting video in Hawaii.

I have the same issue with my 1400... I wish someone would chime in and help explain how the video that is shown off the sealife web site has color. I spent 3 days diving in HI, and get the same issues... rather frustrating to pay that kind of money and not being able to have a good video with colors.

I have been using two Sealife cameras in the past, and while it is fine for my daughter playing in the pool, I almost never got a good result when taking it with me on a dive ( let's say 5% are ok).

While I was taking pictures during the dive my buddy was also taking photos with cameras of the same price class, but different brands - and their results were much more convincing, even so I tried to recover some problems with Aperture software (not to speak about the picture as it was before).

You won't see me buying another Sealife camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom