Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leaving on Wednesday for two weeks of warm water shore dives. Can't wait!!!

Great to find this thread. My wife and I have been diving Curaçao for the past 7 years sometimes for months at a time, mainly to help control the lionfish population. I plan to be there Aug 5-19 staying at Blue Bay however my wife can’t join me this trip so I’m searching for a DB interested in hunting lionfish. I’m a DM with the Self Reliant certification however it’s a handful to handle spears and a zookeeper with a pony tank hanging off my BC so let me know if interested. I’ll pay for tanks if you’d be willing to alternate carrying the zookeeper. No worries if you prefer not to.
Any luck finding lion fish closer to shore?

Did you have any luck?
We have seen a few, not large numbers of them above 100 feet. We dove the Eastpunt side and got barely enough for a ceviche meal.
During a few deep decompression dives I have seen some but we were pre occupied doing other things.

We have seen a few, not large numbers of them above 100 feet. We dove the Eastpunt side and got barely enough for a ceviche meal.
During a few deep decompression dives I have seen some but we were pre occupied doing other things.
How about at night? We saw quite a few big fat ones on night dives back in 2020.

How about at night? We saw quite a few big fat ones on night dives back in 2020.
Only have done 1 night dive off of Marazul. My problem with night dives is that they are at night, lol. 🛌

We are in Curacao for another 3 weeks and found what may be the best Pizza on the island. Pizzaroni, wood fired New York style pizza. We drove from Westpunt to dive Directors Bay then raced over to Pizzaroni for lunch. Well worth the drive even from Westpunt. They even have Peroni italian beer.
20240322_142328.jpg
20240322_143025.jpg
20240322_143029.jpg
20240322_143040.jpg

Back
Top Bottom