Day trips out of Singapore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

river_sand_bar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heading to Singapore in a couple of weeks for work. Gonna be working 6 days a week, but will have Sundays off. Is there any good diving that can be done in a 1 day trip?

Any help would be wonderful.

Should I even bother to bring my dive gear if only able to dive for a day?

Last edited:
You're going to have a tough time planning a 1 day trip. Many local shops leave for the weekend on cheap trips to Tioman or Aur, but they go on friday night around 8:30 and get back sunday 10ish.

Unless you can get the whole weekend off, or can extend your trip afterward, I'd recommend leaving your dive gear at home.

Local diving...well, you probably get better diving in the gulf than in Singapore waters.

I enjoy diving in Singapore waters. The visibility is poor and you are not going to see pelagics, but there is a great variety of marine life. On our last dive a few weeks ago, we saw 11 different species of nudibranchs (including 3 we had never seen before), a seahorse, allied cowries, lots of different fish (mostly small).
But then again I love diving. I can enjoy Singapore almost as much as diving in Micronesia. But if you are only interested in blue-water diving, then there is no real choice for a day trip.

The Hantu Blogger's 30 Nov trip is already full (only 1 trip per mth). Yahoo! Groups
Friendly Waters also organises day trip http://www.friendlywaters.com.sg/images/8_Dec_08_.pdf
Btw, we are getting lots of rain these few days (monsoon season)... ;-)

Damn, that sounds perfect!!! too bad I only get Sundays off and Dec 8th is a Monday.

Do any of the local dive ops run a day trip on Sundays?

I was goi9ng to only bring my mask, fins, bootis and reg/comp.... how are the rental B/C's at most of the dive shops?

btw, 8 Dec is public holiday in Singapore.
as for BC, if you are reasonable size... no problem...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom