Day Trips from Phuket to Richelieu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

littleguppie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Do day trips to Richelieu exsist or do you have to get up to Khao Lak? I know you can do it from a liveaboard out of Phuket, but wondering if there are day trips up there?

Still trying to figure out how to best spend our days diving and relaxing. Sorry for posting so many questions.

Poll...would you rather dive the Similians or Hin Daeng/Hin Mouang?

Hello Again,

It is not rally possible to dive Richelieu from Phuket on a day trip, and due to the distances involved, I would recommend it even if you could. There are however day trips to the Similan's and Koh Bon, both of which offer fantastic diving, and the opportunity to see some bigger creatures, especially at Koh Bon.
Regarding your poll, they are both great dive sites, but on there day, the Similan's is probably the better dive site, due to its constant visibility and coral formations.

I would recommend a day trip to the Similan's over a day trip to Hin Daeng (unless you are staying on Phi Phi Island).

I wish you good diving with whichever option you choose to go with.

It is not rally possible to dive Richelieu from Phuket on a day trip, and due to the distances involved, I would recommend it even if you could.
There are daytrips to Richelieu Rock from Phuket. Just as with the Similans daytrips, first a minibus transfer to Tap Lamu, and from there a speedboat to Richelieu Rock. It is a long day, but there is not much time difference with daytrips to Similans.

stevenl...just out of curiousity can you tell me the name of a boat/company that does the day trip to Richelieu? I can't seem to find one. I'm thinking due to the long distance, I'd probably just head up to Khao Lak, but if we only want to dive one day Richelieu than maybe it doesn't sense to transfer up there?

Any reason to hang in Khao Lak for a few days other than a diving base?

I would recommend to make the trip from Khao Lak, saves you a minibusride, but we can book you a Richelieu Rock daytrip. I'm sure there are others as well offering this, I really doubt we're the only one.

Back
Top Bottom