Day Island Wall Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I will post these to the gallery but for now they are here. These were taken with a little Pentax Optio. The first three are from two weeks ago and the little octopus is from this morning.
Giant Pacific Octopus tucked back in a crevice
Spiny Lumpsucker sucked onto a rock
Wolfeel in a crevice
Baby Red Octopus

Uncle Pug:
I will post these to the gallery but for now they are here. These were taken with a little Pentax Optio. The first three are from two weeks ago and the little octopus is from this morning.
Giant Pacific Octopus tucked back in a crevice
Spiny Lumpsucker sucked onto a rock
Wolfeel in a crevice
Baby Red Octopus

I like the GBO (Giant Blue Octopus) behind the red octo...

Nice pics!

And a neat trick for a camera newby, holding the camera in one hand and the baby octo in the other, all while maintaining perfect buoyancy and trim. Wish I could have been there to see it, and to feel your recent 60 degree air temps.

Little red octo... cutie.

The Blue Glove of Death.... gave me chills just looking at that pic. Its like being in DIR/F again... the last thing you see is the Blue Glove of Death, then all is fuzzy and cold....

:)

A Pentax, huh? cool.

---
Ken

Rick Inman:
And a neat trick for a camera newby, holding the camera in one hand and the baby octo in the other, all while maintaining perfect buoyancy and trim.
Well I didn't think he would stand out against the bottom... not only that, but we had a *little current* and a *lot of stuff* in the water.

By holding him in my hand and then releasing him as I shot the picture I was able to give the shot a contrasting background as well as a sense of scale while shielding him from the current and floaties.

It's just one of my professional UW photographer tricks. :D

Back
Top Bottom