Datatrans Plus, It's not rocket science is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vanceiii

New
Reaction score
I bought a "BRAND NEW" Datatrans Plus, The COMPUTER seems to work fine, (it goes through the test startup countdown) shows temp and time and all that, but it will not recieve a signal from the transmitter, I took it to my Local Dive shop, hooked it up to their tank and the guy there said he was very familiar with the computers, couldn't get it to comminicate either. we took another "brand new" one off the shelf, hooked the transmitter from that one up, changed the link code on my computer to match their transmitter, and still no luck. then took their computer put new batteries in it and still no luck.... the guy there said that my computer had to be sent in for service and that his "BRAND NEW" one needed service to!!

Are there really that many problems with the datatrans and the datatrans plus??

surely there is some kind of trick that we don't know about?
I'm going on a trip in 3 days (thurs feb 12th) and dont have time to send in for servicing.

Please help,
Thanks, Vance.

vanceiii:
I bought a "BRAND NEW" Datatrans Plus, The COMPUTER seems to work fine, (it goes through the test startup countdown) shows temp and time and all that, but it will not recieve a signal from the transmitter, I took it to my Local Dive shop, hooked it up to their tank and the guy there said he was very familiar with the computers, couldn't get it to comminicate either. we took another "brand new" one off the shelf, hooked the transmitter from that one up, changed the link code on my computer to match their transmitter, and still no luck. then took their computer put new batteries in it and still no luck.... the guy there said that my computer had to be sent in for service and that his "BRAND NEW" one needed service to!!

Are there really that many problems with the datatrans and the datatrans plus??

surely there is some kind of trick that we don't know about?
I'm going on a trip in 3 days (thurs feb 12th) and dont have time to send in for servicing.

Please help,
Thanks, Vance.

Should be straightforward if you get the link code right. You need to turn the tank on to activate the transmitter..... and you *do* know tht the transmitter needs a battery too, right?

R..

Diver0001:
Should be straightforward if you get the link code right. You need to turn the tank on to activate the transmitter..... and you *do* know tht the transmitter needs a battery too, right?

R..
Yeah, I put NEW batteries in both transmitter and computer.

Thanks..

vanceiii:
Yeah, I put NEW batteries in both transmitter and computer.

Thanks..

And that the batteries go in in opposite directions, right?

--Laird

lairdb:
And that the batteries go in in opposite directions, right?
Now *that's* what we call a user hostile interface...

Roak

1. Open tank valve to activate sending unit.
2. Turn on Computer.
Does the display actually show there is no connection, or is there no tank pressure?

If the tank pressure is flashing "0000", hold the right button down for 1/2 second until you hear a beep, then release the button.
This should start the pressure reading. I have this prob all time when setting up the unit.

Good luck, keep us informed.

Kyle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom