Datamax Pro Plus II redesign/replacement ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafanatic

Contributor
Reaction score
.....over on the 'computers' forum there's a rumor that the Datamax Pro Plus II is 'on-sale' all over the place by many vendors lately because it's about to be redesigned/replaced.....among the things I'm hearing is that the new unit will be smaller, which if true, would be a BIG MISTAKE as everyone who dives this unit, including myself, says the primary reason they purchased this unit was the nice, BIG display and easy-to-read characters.....it would be truely astounding if Oceanic was short-sighted enough to make this 'improvement' in the face of the ever increasing average age of scuba divers and their 'ageing' eyes !

Karl

Karl,
Couldn't agree more. The reason I purchased the Pro Plus II for my wife and I was the large display. I could barely read my other computer underwater. This would be a HUGH mistake on Oceanic's part.

Jim

Karl,
Couldn't agree more. The reason I purchased the Pro Plus II for my wife and I was the large display. I could barely read my other computer underwater. This would be a HUGH mistake on Oceanic's part.

Jim

...yeah, I've got 4 of them (3 for me, another on permanent 'loan' to my dive bud)...so they better not mess with a good thing.....if it ain't broke, don't fix it !

Karl

No immediate replacement coming - and no worries about downsizing, of the display digits anyway...

...thanks for the update and clarification Doug ! ...good to know if Oceanic 'updates' the unit, it won't loose/abandon it's strongest features.

Karl

Exactly. My best argument for the Pro Plus II is the large display. It's what differentiates it from all the rest.

-Charles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom