Data Plans for Roatan - Google Fi or Skyroam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCorgi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone done a liveaboard in Roatan and had service? If so what did you use? I was looking at Google Fi and I also have a Skyroam but not sure if they will have any service. Would anyone recommend those or a local SIM?

I was on the Roatan Aggressor this past summer. I have T-Mobile and Honduras is included in their free international coverage. I found it totally satisfactory on this trip.

While on a liveaboard, I am personally not a big data user, so YMMV.

Thanks JPEG. I'm not a data junkie was in I want to check emails or social media. I just wanted to play my game lol. Unfortunately I don't have T-Mobile but if you picked up on reception my Skyroam should be able to also. And I believe Google Fi picks up on T-Mobile towers as their source. I may look into that.

Not Skyroam! It is not useful on Roatan. I rented a skyroam twice for travel (Japan) and liked it so I bought one thinking that I could use it on our trips to Roatan. Sadly, their cell network doesn't seem robust enough to use a skyroam there. I had better luck with paying the fee ti use my Verizon phone internationally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom