Darwin of the day award

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Jumped off the Peace on Saturday at Anacapa, and immediately was cold; this is strange I thought - I'm in a dry suit, why should I be so cold; maybe I forgot how that first jump feels, after returning from Cozumel a few weeks ago.

Hmm, suit inflater not working either??? ***??? Hose was on securely; wing inflater working, regs working. .

Oh well, it's shallow, I'm already in the water, let's make a short dive anyway.

Saw a pair of electric torpedo rays; stopped and watched for 5-10 minutes - that was pretty cool - then decided I'm getting cold, and the sloshing in my feet was getting annoying. Water temp is 57F.

Surfaced, got on the dive step, and very slowly climbed up the ladder - feet filled with water from from toes to my crotch. I know I was wet, but this is nuts. Still no clue why.

Until......

Paul, the deckhand said "I'm not putting my finger in there, but, why is that relief zipper completely open? " :dork2:

The moral - water pours in really really fast thru an open relief zipper.

Put all my undies in the dryer - soaked head to toe - dry suit into the engine room, missed dive #2, but 3 and 4 were great.

Typically great Peace crew and food.

Love it! It reminds me of introducing my Fundies instructor to my OW instructor, and having Steve (the Fundies guy) look at the relief zipper in the OW guy's suit and remark snidely, "Wow, it must be really cold, having to use that on deco . . . "

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom