Dark low volume mask for limited visiblity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got the chance to borrow a Hollis M1. Another very nice low volume black mask. Much or expensive then the Predator. I know mask are a personal preference but I can't imagine using my clear high volume mask with the side lenses anymore. I love this style of mask now. It may be my imagination but I think they are also easier to keep defogged. I guess these mask are another great gift from the tech community.

---------- Post Merged at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Jim - Being 50 my arms getting to short. How did you go about getting a script for a mask? I have flex money but never thought about a prescription mask. Especially looking at the ascent meter on my computer going up it would be great to have a reader built into the bottom.

I wish I had a HOG dealer closer to me to try the mask out. As of now, I use a SeaDive CatEye & I have no real reason to buy another. I already have another CatEye RayBlocker as a backup.

Looks like a great mask Bellaco. The Hog is good mask but I think this low volume, black skirt is probably good on most mask. I wish I had had one all along. I would be curious to know what the RayBlocker feature would do here in our Texas Mud Holes. Might make them more chearfull.

---------- Post Merged at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:17 PM ----------

I do want to see about either adding a reader to the bottom of hog or finding a similar mask with one already built in or can that can be added. I have not researched any of it yet. I don't need any prescription in the main lens just the bottom to read my instruments and computer. They are getting fuzzy with old age.

My Dacor Nautilus is showing its age so I bought an XS Scuba - I think it is the fusion 2 lv with a black skirt. I don't like the clear silicone skirt because it makes 'tunnel vision' less obvious by letting in ambient light. Also consider the 'prismatic' lens that gives you some expanded side vision.

I got the chance to borrow a Hollis M1. Another very nice low volume black mask. Much or expensive then the Predator. I know mask are a personal preference but I can't imagine using my clear high volume mask with the side lenses anymore. I love this style of mask now. It may be my imagination but I think they are also easier to keep defogged. I guess these mask are another great gift from the tech community.

---------- Post Merged at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Jim - Being 50 my arms getting to short. How did you go about getting a script for a mask? I have flex money but never thought about a prescription mask. Especially looking at the ascent meter on my computer going up it would be great to have a reader built into the bottom.

How do you feel the Hollis compares to the Hog? It is more then twice the price. Is it that much or any better in your opinion?

I went through scuba optics for my first one. They either replace the lens or bond lenses to the original. I have bi focals in the one I use now.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Aqualung Micromask.

aqualung_05562_2.jpg

Takes about 1/8 of a breath to clear.

Runs about $100, give or take $25.

Back
Top Bottom