Dark low volume mask for limited visiblity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darrel Conger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I made a little discovery last week while diving with my old backup mask. While diving with my usual Tusa High Volume clear mask I was getting a little sense of vertigo when there was nothing visible but Texas muck with shards of light beaming through it. I loaned my mask to my dive buddy since his new mask was leaking and used my 20 year old low volume Dacor. The silicon has turned orange and opaque. Either lower volume, darker view or more restricted view eliminated the slight vertigo. Now I am looking for a low volume black mask. Any recommendations?

I use a Sherwood Eclipse as my backup and an Atomic as my primary so far I have been happy with both.

I love the Sherwood Rona with the black skirt. Love volume, frameless mask. I switched from clear/translucent skirts to the black skirt. It helps with photography as you get less glare and reflections from the lens.

I use either an Edge Stealth or HOG mask depending on which back up I grab. My Gf uses the Stealth as well. Both are very low profile though the HOG is just a bit lower. I tried the HOG Predator as well but it's too wide for my face. All very soft and priced right.

I say back up as I need my bi-focal script in my mask and have not put it in the HOG as yet. That will be next season when insurance will pay for a new mask.

Oceanic Shadow is my new mask and love it. Best fit ever, low volume, black skirt. :thumb:

Sent from my ADR6350 using my Fumble Thumbs :D

I use either an Edge Stealth or HOG mask depending on which back up I grab. My Gf uses the Stealth as well. Both are very low profile though the HOG is just a bit lower. I tried the HOG Predator as well but it's too wide for my face. All very soft and priced right.

I say back up as I need my bi-focal script in my mask and have not put it in the HOG as yet. That will be next season when insurance will pay for a new mask.

I love my Hog Predator it beats any mask I have tried to date and the price can not be beat. The skirt is nice and soft so it seals well and the low volume is easy clearing

Thanks everyone. I tried on a couple of mask at ST and really liked the HOG mask. I ended up buying a Hog Predator. Even though I never plan on being one, I have always respected and enjoyed the tech diving community and the innovations they make that trickle down to people like me.

I dove with the Hog Predator this weekend at Clear Springs. I love this mask and may buy a second one while they are on sale at Scuba Toys. Not only was it the most comfortable mask I have ever work but I never felt even the slightest sense of vertigo. I was in some very poor visibility area and it really helps keeping out all the stray side images and light. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

That's great, some very good masks (m4, Rona, predator etc) out there for good prices.

Back
Top Bottom