Daring Undersea Rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This aired about a month ago on I think it was Dateline. I remember reading the article on CDNN announcing that Dave Shaw had died.

http://www.cdnn (dot) info/news/safety/s050113.html

iF ANYONE KNOWS WHEN THIS REAIRS PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS TO iT WAS ERASED OFF MY TIVO tHANKS TO THE WIFE.

Anyone know what website to go to to get a copy of the longer video for this documentary? I saw it about a year and a half ago, and have tried to get it ever since. First, I tried to find it for free on the net, to no avail. So, I ordered the dvd from abc, and just got it today. But, it's not the one I saw on television-it's much shorter, and doesn't have any of the footage of dave on it like the program I saw did. From looking at the free clips on the net of it, it looks like the 'good' one has a foreign (non-u.s.) narrator, not the guy from abc's Primetime. Anyways, I'm really trying to get this video-the good version. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, wake

the bends in the ears?? great. good job reporters.

i have asked in other posts for a link to the full show...no luck. if anyone finds one please let me know.

dano

wakeboarder72:
Anyone know what website to go to to get a copy of the longer video for this documentary? I saw it about a year and a half ago, and have tried to get it ever since. First, I tried to find it for free on the net, to no avail. So, I ordered the dvd from abc, and just got it today. But, it's not the one I saw on television-it's much shorter, and doesn't have any of the footage of dave on it like the program I saw did. From looking at the free clips on the net of it, it looks like the 'good' one has a foreign (non-u.s.) narrator, not the guy from abc's Primetime. Anyways, I'm really trying to get this video-the good version. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, wake

aowdan:
the bends in the ears?? great. good job reporters.

i have asked in other posts for a link to the full show...no luck. if anyone finds one please let me know.

dano

...a.k.a. "Ear Bends". Vestibular DCS is relatively common and presents as dizziness, nausea, nystagmus vomiting and, occasionally, hearing loss and tinnitus. The incidence of these symptoms varies from 13 to 72 percent of Type II DCS.

Best,
Another Dano

thanks for the clarification.:wink: although, i really don't think that is what the announcer meant.:confused: is there a reference that i could look at for "ear bends"?, sounds like something i need to check out.

first dano, actually, since the other dan joined before me, i'd be the second???(hehehehe)

DeepSeaDan:
...a.k.a. "Ear Bends". Vestibular DCS is relatively common and presents as dizziness, nausea, nystagmus vomiting and, occasionally, hearing loss and tinnitus. The incidence of these symptoms varies from 13 to 72 percent of Type II DCS.

Best,
Another Dano

aowdan:
thanks for the clarification.:wink: although, i really don't think that is what the announcer meant.:confused: is there a reference that i could look at for "ear bends"?, sounds like something i need to check out.

first dano, actually, since the other dan joined before me, i'd be the second???(hehehehe)

...whatsin a number, eh?

My go-to guy for all things diving medical is Dr. Ern Campbell, a.k.a. "scubadoc"; you can access his site at www.scubadoc.com

Do a search on vestibular bends & read on. You can also search Scubaboard for similar information provided by the many excellent diving docs that post here.

Good readin!

Best,
DSD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom