Dania Marine Flea Market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This weekend is the Dania Marine Flea Market. Lots of stuff for boats and some of the worst dive gear around. I bought 3 BCs for $5 each and got 3 stainless buckles and 3 cam bands out of them. I got a set of Oceanic Spring straps for $15 a few years ago, so there are deals. Its mainly boat stuff though.

http://www.thedaniamarinefleamarket.com/

Is it annual? Why am i never around for such stuff?

I have a ton of stuff I need to get rid of. Most of it is good stuff but I just keep it, thinking I will use it some day (when I never really will). So, I checked into renting a spot there to sell off everything. They wanted between $200-$300 for a spot. Just not worth it.

I certainly am not going to be looking to buy anything more. That is, until next time I do. :wink: It would just be nice to have something like a scuba flea market where I could get rid of everything in one day. After all, I live in a highrise building, and I have no garage.

Its an annual event.

Trip report

I just got back from day one. I'm trying to figure out how to mount a dive ladder/dive platform on my boat. I looked at 3 platforms-too narrow and about 7-8 ladders, now I have to go back and look at my boat and figure out which ladder (if any) will work best.

I saw a set of fishing outriggers, the guy wanted $200 for them, time to go back later and see if he comes down.

I bought 4 new offshore PFDs 1/2 price and 3 nice pieces of Starboard, the white plastic material, for $20, great deal.

There are all kinds of fenders, floats and poles for those wanting to make the ultimate beach diving float. There are 3 or 4 cheap diving suppliers, didn't see anything worthwhile. Brownies has a spot selling Hookah rigs and Cressi stab jackets.

There is a fair amount of used equipment, weights, spearguns etc and lots of mistreated BCs and old regulators that have probably been around for at least the last 5 flea markets. It has probably the largest collection of 20+ year tanks anywhere.

There are good buys on shorts and boat shoes. The beer is cold and the people watching is fun.

Thursday is the time to get the early deals, Sunday is the time to deal on items that were too high earlier.

It would be nice if ScubaFest had a flea market attached to it.

I drove down last year, but my wife got all bent out of shape about paying $8.oo to look at junk so we left. I didn't think paying $8.00 was too much - I've paid a lot more than that at the boat shows to look at yachts that I don't belong on the same ocean with. She kinda hates the boat shows too though. And she is NEVER going to DEMA with me again.
Might have to go on Saturday though - I need a bunch of boat fenders and other worthly junk.
ScubaDad - just eBay your stuff. If it's worthy, someone will buy it and pay for the shipping. If not, have a simple ceremony and reverently throw it in the dumpster.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom