DAN REMO2 compatibility question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AtomicWalrus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm interested in the DAN REMO2 oxyen rebreather attachment. Being able to extend my emergency O2 supply sounds like a real plus to me when I'm diving in remote locations. However, my current emergency O2 system only has a constant flow regulator on it - does anyone know if I need to add a demand valve as well to adapt my system to the REMO2 accessory? The DAN website isn't very specific on what's required, and the description of the system in the latest issue of Alert Diver makes it sound like it just uses the constant flow reg stage on the DAN kits anyway.

Thanks,

You should contact DAN directly. In the past there was a seperate provider course for the REMO unit, so you might have to add that. While I haven't seen the new REMO unit yet it looks pretty good. I like the use of the ExtendAir CO2 absorbant cartridge, much easier and more convinient than absorbant pellets.

Let us know what DAN says. :wink:

You really ought to have special training, or at least some RB experience, if you are going to use an RB-type O2 set like the Remo2, if only for liability reasons, but units like this are intended for constant flow O2 feed and don't require demand regulators - you just use a standard, adjustable output med reg, and crank the flow down to the recommended number. So your existing medical kit reg (assuming you already have a basic emergency med O2 kit, should work with it. If not, suitable lower output med regs are easy to find used/cheap.

The new Remo2 looks like a much better unit than the old one, and they've bought the price down to a reasonable level. I think it makes a lot of sense for anyone who is diving in even only semi-remote locations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom