DAN insurance & Backpacking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone - this is my first post on here (Or any type of forum, actually) so take it easy please :)

I am an American Citizen and have been backpacking for a year now. I have my Open Water, Advanced, Nitrox, and Cavern Diving certs through NAUI which I obtained in America. I've been living in inland Australia for about 6 months now and as soon as the borders open up due to corona, I will be heading to the coast to pursue my DiveMasters.

As of now (I just turned 20 and i will probably change my mind as to the specific job within the Scuba World), I am hoping to work as a DiveMaster in Australia and possibly work my way up to an instructor.

My question is, What type of DAN insurance would be best for this? I read somewhere that certain things would/wouldnt be covered if you're a certain distance away from your country or residence.

Any insight would be great :)

Back
Top Bottom