DAN Annual Travel Insurance Plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gryffin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We have two dive trips planned over the next year- 2 weeks in Bonaire and 2 weeks in the Caymans. We are considering purchasing DAN travel insurance. I’m trying to decide on annual versus per trip. One question I have is about the limits, the maximum limit for trip cancellation on an annual plan ranges from $2000-$5000. Is that per trip, or per year?

Hope the right person sees this that has a definitive answer.
For a random state I picked, the Description of Coverage states:

"Benefits will be paid, up to the amount in the Schedule, for the forfeited, prepaid, non-refundable, non-refunded and unused published Payments that you paid for your Trip, if you are prevented from taking your Trip due to one of the following unforeseeable Covered Events that occur before departure on your Trip to you or your Traveling Companion, while your coverage is in effect under this Policy."

It reads that benefits are paid for "your Trip". Normally I'd interpret that to mean for each of the trips you may take in the covered year - and there is no mention that there is a maximum limit. Unfortunately, on one of the enrollment pages, it shows the following:

Voyager Plan
(max per plan)​

And there it is -"Max per plan".

There's a chance you may get different responses as depending on where you live, policies and policy language (even though they're all from DAN) can be different. I can't even get an annual policy in my state.

Since none of this really helps, I'd suggest calling DAN for a definitive answer!! :)

We have two dive trips planned over the next year- 2 weeks in Bonaire and 2 weeks in the Caymans. We are considering purchasing DAN travel insurance. I’m trying to decide on annual versus per trip. One question I have is about the limits, the maximum limit for trip cancellation on an annual plan ranges from $2000-$5000. Is that per trip, or per year?
Read the policy wording for your state.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom