Damn - new drysuit came in and the boots are too small!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Measured at my LDS/authorized dealer too.

I wear a size 10.5, and the boots on the suit fit like a glove, but with NO socks on.

I mean, it's not even close to the right size. As soon as I saw them I thought "they look like my wife's size!"

So I've waited three weeks* for the suit to come in, and now it has to go back. I'm hoping that the manufacturer will expedite the fix.

*To my LDS's credit, they have let me borrow a demo suit every weekend so far - I was just sort of hoping to get to dive my OWN suit sometime soon!

Argghhh!

:)

Just venting - Ray

Did your LDS measure your feet with booties on? Or barefoot?

PerroneFord:
Did your LDS measure your feet with booties on? Or barefoot?

Shouldn't matter I wouldn't think, your foot size is your foot size. Would be ridiculous to measure your feet in booties etc. They should measure you feet and size the shoe accordingly, building in factor for booties, socks etc.

When I check the DUI website for recommended boot size it says that a 10.5 mens size foot should wear a size 11 Rockboot (which is what I've been wearing in the borrowed suit) or a size XL turbo sole. It further says a size XL turbo sole is 11.5" in length.

Here's the rub - my foot measures 10.5" which correspnds to the measuremnt (note: not the size) of the ML turbo sole, which fits a shoe size of mens 8-8.5. And the turbo sole on the suit I got measures 10.5"

At the LDS they measured my foot AND wrote down my shoe size. Both 10.5in. So I'm guessing that somehow the number ended up being read as "put a 10.5in turbo sole on the suit" vs "put a turbo sole on here that will fit a size 10.5 foot."

I'm hoping that replacing this isn't a major operation.

Sorry about that, sucks! I was always told that you get a boot sized one size larger than your shoe size to compensate for thick socks. For example, I have size 10 shoes and got size 11 boots and they work great with my thick fleece socks. Hopefully you will have it soon.

I know a good Podiatrist that I can put you onto. He plays golf with a plastic surgeon who does breast reductions. There is some possibility there.

Tom Smedley:
I know a good Podiatrist that I can put you onto. He plays golf with a plastic surgeon who does breast reductions. There is some possibility there.
:lol: Hey, don't hit the man when he's down!

I have a DUI dry suit and my feet are usually a size 10 or 10 1/2. The suit does not have turbo soles. The booties on the suit are a DUI size large and fit perfectly with my fleece socks and size 10 rock boots.

I have rented suits with size XL booties on the suit and I have used the isze 11 rock boots. The extra material in the XL booties is a pain, literally, the material folds and bunches and is extremely uncomfortable, and the size 11 rock boots feel just a bit loose on my feet.

Everybody is different, my feet tend toward the narrow side so this gives me some advantages when looking at the smaller booties.

best of luck,

Mark Vlahos

Mark Vlahos:
I have rented suits with size XL booties on the suit and I have used the isze 11 rock boots. The extra material in the XL booties is a pain, literally, the material folds and bunches and is extremely uncomfortable, and the size 11 rock boots feel just a bit loose on my feet.

I know what you mean - this is why I went with the Turbo Soles vs Sock/Rock.

Well, ran over to my LDS at lunch time and squared everything away. Looks like there WAS some confusion over what size the TurboSole was vs what size my foot was.

LDS faxed over measurement form indicating the size of my foot at 10.5" and DUI interpretted that they were ordering a 10.5" TurboSole.

Everything squared away, suit on the way back to San Deigo to have the right size boot put on.

Hopefully they can expedite matters so I can ideally dive the suit next weekend.

When I ordered my new suit they had boots to try on with whatever sock combo you wanted. You put on your socks and tried on the boot. The manufacturer has no idea what sock combo you plan on using so it's a good idea to try the boots first if possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom