Dallas area diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

junkyard_dawg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm trying to find out if there is any place close to Dallas to dive after say 5pm on a weekday. I'm going to be visiting on business and would love to try and dive if possible. Only problem is my schedule, it would have to be after 5pm or so. Thanks for any info.

Unfortuately.....there isn't a developed dive area that fits that criteria. But I sure wish there was.

There are several lakes around Dallas that are reachable after your meetings, but from what I understand (haven't dove them myself) the conditions are really the pits. And there is little or no diver access.

The closest nice spot is Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell which is about an hours drive from Dallas. But I am not sure of their times during the week.

Two Bit and I have our eye on a spot near Lewisville (north of dallas by 15-20 minutes) that is a large lake that so far has maintained a constant level for the past several months. It is in an undeveloped area and real close to a major road. We just gotta find out who the owner is and see if they will let us survey it.

When will you be here??? I'll PM you my contact information...so that when you are here, we can at least join up and share a beer or two. And I bet we can get some other divers to show up as well.

Athens, Clear Springs and the Oasis are private spring fed ponds that are usually only open week-ends (Fri-Sun). Possum Kingdom Lake is open 9-7 during the week, but it's about a 2 hour drive from Dallas. Lake Whitney is about an hour/hour & 1/2 drive south, but you'll need to bring your air with you.;-0 ;-0

Thanks for the responses.

TM I should arrive in Dallas on the 28th and I depart Aug. 2. I'd go for a beer anytime!

We are planning to have a social gathering about that time of the month! So it would be a good chance to meet up with several of us TSDTer's

We'll keep you informed of what's shaking when so you can link up with us.

(What line of work you in?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom