Dahab; hotel and small shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then he was there (he usually goes for like one and half month vacation!). I was told (by him) if he's not there, there's no tech. It doesn't mean that he must be in the water though. :wink:

He has a select group of people he trusts with Tech in his absence. Guess I'm in it.

From my own experience, I would also suggest Acacia Hotel (www.acaciadahab.com). It was fully rebuild last year - everything (e.g. bathrooms) is new, it has all the required facilities and the prices are very competitive.

Re diving, also from my own experience, I would recommend Sun Splash Diving Centre (www.sunsplash-divers.com - the site has an NL version !) which does both rec and tec diving at a very high standard. They also do non-diving activities (trekking, camel tours, camping etc).
For purely tec diving, I would also recommend Dahab Divers Technical (www.dahabdiverstechnical.com).

Nice outfit indeed, but tech available only when the manager is there! He doesn't have much confidence in others when it comes to tech :wink:

He usually goes on holiday in Jan/Feb when it's quiet, the op is going in November so it shouldn't be a problem.

thx for the tips guys! Gonna book a divestore at location and will pbb stay at a place like blue beach..

can't wait!

On a related subject, I will be making my first trip to the Red Sea next April. Question is, should I stay in Sharm or Dahab? Which is a better diving experience?

thx all for your info. i ended up booking a week stay at the bedouin moon hotel.

Will be leaving the 19th of november; can't wait

I'm thinking about booking the Bedouin Moon for early season next year (maybe March-May). Please let us have your thoughts when you get back?

Check out Seahorse Hotel. Excellent service and best "bang for the buck" :D

Just got back

Loved bedouin moon. Nice place, nice staff, clean rooms. Great place. It's a bit out of the center which is no problem since there is a taxi available at all time. For 1.50$ they will take you to the lighthouse area.

Dahab is a nice place; laid back, friendly people (not too pushy) good food, cheap

Dahab diving is nice. I was a bit dissapointed about the sealife though. Not too much fish.. I am used to Asian standards. If I rate Komodo, Indonesia with a 9 and Sabang, Phillipinnes with a 8 then Dahab would be a 7.

I dove with Reef 2000; the house operation of the bedouin moon. This shop is fine but nothing special. Good equipment, nice guides but I was highly adviced to join a dive to 'check my skills' (I am a DM) in a sjittty training site. During a boat trip they took 1 guide for 5 divers with different skill/ experience levels which is a bit cheap imo

all and all; yes to Dahab city, yes to bedouin moon. Another dive shop could be better but having it in your hotel is very convinient. Dahab diving; blue hole a 9, The canyons a 7, the island a 9. I missed eel garden due to bad weather. Don't let them take you to Light house; thats the training site..

Oh, the weather was Ok but it gets kinda fresh and windy after 1600 in November. You may want to go deeper south in December..

Holiday overall was great!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom