dacor960xle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alan prince

Reaction score
Hi everyone can anyone help me to find a supplier or supply a service kit for the above regulator. Dacor Europe for some reason have stopped supplying spares for all except their two latest regulators over here. My local dive shops will willingly service the valve if I can supply the kit. Even Hydrotech the countries main importer of Dacor cant get them. I have spoken to Dacor U.S.A. they have the kits but will not export to England,I have found one dive shop that will service the reg. over there but with the postage ect.that is impractal. Can anyone help.

Hi Alan,

I feel your pain. I also had a real problem getting service for my 960 as well. Could not find anyone in my area of North Central Florida with kits and I ultimately had to send it to Dacor (US), but I had a real bad experience with them. Got my regulator back and it was screwed up (2nd was mounted upside down and free flowed). They eventually got it right, but after all the expense, hassels, and delay (almost 6 months) it wasn't worth it. It cost way more than an annual service should ever have cost (even without all the shipping expense). I wish I had "deep sixed" it (and I didn't even have to ship it across the big pond). Oh well, I guess I'll get another year out of it (it was a good regulator). As much as I hate to say it, my impression is that Dacor (or Mares) is actually trying to purge the Dacor line and is looking to get as much out of current inventory, service, etc. before they go belly up. Their service technician actually advised me to buy a Mares regulator.

Good luck

Hi Grit
thanks for your reply about the dacor reg.it looks like I will have to dump it as I have tried everywhere I can think of.Its a pity really as it was my wifes valve and she hardly used it and I only use it on my pony. It looks like getting a replacement,thinking of a tx40/50 or posoiden.What do you use?

Back
Top Bottom