Dacor Regulator ID (Yes, I know)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kozel

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Feel like I'm going crazy here.

Got a batch of older stuff for a decent price, all I needed to work were the wetsuits and the dive computer and it was a good deal (and they do).

It came with the guy's old reg set - some dacor stuff. Yes, I'm aware of the history and all that. I'm not really expecting these to be usable, but I'm just curious since I can't seem to find any mention of them.

Only thing is...I can't identify these. Maybe I'm just crap at googling but I can't find anything that even looks that much like them.

Anyone got any clues? Searching those numbers gets me stove parts and 'vista' and 'dacor' doesn't get me anything but fins and masks.

Attachments

• 20240718_162906.JPG
    20240718_162906.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240718_162904.JPG
    20240718_162904.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240718_162917.JPG
    20240718_162917.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240718_162849.JPG
    20240718_162849.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240718_162856(1).JPG
    20240718_162856(1).JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 24
For a while, West Marine sold Dacor branded regulators, this was well after Dacor was out of business, yours may be one of those where the name was licenced out. Unfortunately, they are gone as well.

I think first stage may be an "Enduro" first stage but the second stage isn't something I have seen before. It may very well be what @Bob DBF said above.

Rebranded early-90s quantum first stage is a possibility.
Not enough detail on the second stage to guess, several second stages sold by Dacor from the same time period have similar external appearance.
Dacor repair manuals with schematics can be found a few places including at CG-45. Have a look at the volume two second stages.

Attachments

• Dacor Regs Vol 2 1st stages Pt 2-pages.jpg
    Dacor Regs Vol 2 1st stages Pt 2-pages.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 9
I think first stage may be an "Enduro" first stage but the second stage isn't something I have seen before. It may very well be what @Bob DBF said above.

I found a 2020 dacor thread, and at the time I had found that initially Mares made the regs for West Marine, and later they were made by SEAC. I assume they made both stages, but...

Great stuff so far thanks guys! The quantum first stage definitely looks like it could match up.

I'll start digging through those manuals and see what kind of detail I can get on from the second stages without getting too deep. I know the front caps screw off and it looks like there's a lever roughly shaped like

--C

on the inside pressing against the center of the diaphragm.

Back
Top Bottom