Dacor Pacer XP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babelfish

Reaction score
Does anyone here own a Dacor Pacer XP regulator? I have been offered one from a diver who bought it about 10 years ago. Since I do not own a regulator yet, I'm wondering if this one is worth using or should I just go out and buy a new reg? Any thoughts?

I've got 4 of them, very good regulators, but you can't get repair parts for them anymore. Dacor no longer makes the parts. There may be people out there that have part kits they bought up from stores going out of business.

Danny
www.divingrebels.org

When Dacor was acquired by Mares, they discontinued the old Dacor regs. As has been mentioned, the parts supply is quickly dwindling. I would look elsewhere.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

Hi guys,

thanks! I really appreciate the information. Seeing as how I have been lurking in my local dive shop for weeks without buying anything, it would probably be best to go with a new reg. :)

I have been looking at some Scubapro regs. According to the dive shop, if you have the regulator serviced every year, Scubapro will give you the parts for free... All you have to pay for is the service charge.

Cheers!

Greg Barlow:
When Dacor was acquired by Mares, they discontinued the old Dacor regs. As has been mentioned, the parts supply is quickly dwindling. I would look elsewhere.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

Back
Top Bottom