dacor pacer 950 xl second stage adjustments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruce Herold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone help with the adjustment of a dacor 2nd stage pacer 950 xl regulator? What is the stainless steel plug access port removable by hex wrench opposite the low pressure hose? How do you adjust this? How do you know it is properly adjusted? I assume it effects the flow of air or the pressure at which the air flow starts. Can someone help? Baherold@aol.com

Bruce Herold

The port plug gives access to the end of the air tube where spring tension can be adjusted.
Most adjustment is done at the other end....it's the easiest 2nd stage to adjust.
Loosen hose
Loosen lock nut
Turn reg until airflow just stops
Tighten lock nut and hose

The port plug gives access to the end of the air tube where spring tension can be adjusted.
Most adjustment is done at the other end....it's the easiest 2nd stage to adjust.
Loosen hose
Loosen lock nut
Turn reg until airflow just stops
Tighten lock nut and hose

Fish pie, thanks for the response. The thing is that the only time the second stage free flows is while diving and looking down. When looking staight forward or up, the second stage breaths nicely. If i can reduce the sensitivity or tendency to free flow with a slight turn of this access port spring adjustment you mentioned, that would be my preference if that is the purpose of adjusting this spring you mentioned. I am aware of the other adjustment you mentioned. Would the spring adjustment work you think? What are your thoughts?

Most likely.
If you had the adjustable version of this reg it is what the knob would do.

.....If you take the purge cover off you will see the square shaft of the seat holder sticking out of the end of the tube. If the set screw that it pokes through isnt stuck you should be able to use a small spanner to turn the shaft and increase spring tension (without having to disassemble everything)

.....if I remember correctly the retainer shaft even has a slot in the end for a screwdriver.....if so you don't have to take the purge cover off, just remove the plug and use small flathead to turn shaft.
......don't be too aggressive with the screwdriver, you might have to unseize the set screw that the shaft pokes through.

Yes, that is exactly what I have, a slotted shaft that will fit a flathead screw driver.

To reduce pressure sensitivity and free flow, would I turn the square shaft clockwise or counterclockwise? I'm guessing clockwise to put more tension on that spring. What do you think?

Thanks again! You are very helpful!!

Yes clockwise.
If this still doesn't do the trick your spring has most likely weakened over the years.......very common in XL and XP's and their like.......it is possible to stretch and replace. In fact you might want to do this anyway.

Fishpie, looks like your adjustment suggestion may have worked. I was able to turn the slotted square shaft clockwise just slightly while depressing the regulator purge botton just enough to establish some minimum flow so I could tell if I was making any difference. The clockwise adjustment stopped minimum purge flow. This seemed correct to me. This may have solved my problem. Next step is to take the regulator in the water to see how it performs. Its a simple adjustment and can be done easily on a dive boat trip. Thanks again. Bruce Herold, Toledo, Ohio

Bruce Herold, Toledo, Ohio

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom