Dacor Or Mares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tville23682

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am currently looking to buy a regulator. I have been using my dive partners spare rig or renting while i became accustom to diving. I am between the Mares MR12 Proton and the Dacor viper D-12. I have heard lots of good things about both. More about the viper. Please Help with the decsision.

It just depends if you want the side exhaust of the Dacor... And then on the first stages, the Mares spherical core seat designs, like the v16, and v32 will add more money - but last longer. So it's really a personal and financial decision...

Yep...I agree with SCUBATOY it’s a factor of what you want to spend.

However... A survey that was just done on regs in SCUBA Diving magazine rated the best entry level reg as the Aqua Lung Calypso 2 and the best valve for money reg for performance the Mares R2/Axis Pro.

It's all a matter of dollars and sense.....
:wink:

Thanks for the comments... it really isnt money as much as it is safety.

tville23682:
Thanks for the comments... it really isnt money as much as it is safety.

As far as safety... they are all really pretty safe. It's not like a manufacturer has a reg that they promote with "This reg kills a lot of people - but we've got it at 30% off!!"

So really it's features and breathability you want to look at. Do you want a small second stage, or don't care. Piston or diaphragm, adjustable or not... those are really the things to look at.

If that was the toss up - between those two - and that's a pretty narrow field - with lot's of other choices in close to that price range - but I'd do the Mares...

If price isn't the deciding factor, I'd move to a Tusa, or an Aeris for ease of breathing and dependabilty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom