Dacor Omni Pro - Low Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WB2GLP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have experience with the Dacor Omni Pro computer giving a low battery indicator even with a new battery? Unit powers up, runs through the self test countdown and ends in a low battery triangle icon.

New battery is putting out proper voltage and amps for a new J type battery. Internal circuit board shows no signs of corrosion, visible damage to components or traces. Battery legs inside the case have identical meter readings compared to connecting directly to the battery.

I realize that Dacor is gone, the unit is no longer serviced, I should buy a new computer and all that other fun stuff. I'm hoping someone is out there with component level repair experience on these things. If not, I will go it alone and report back.

Last edited:
Mine does the same thing. I believe the low battery voltage sensing circuit is out of calibration. I have connected a variable DC voltage supply to the terminals and at 6.1 volt the unit powers up and works just fine. Since there is enough room in the battery compartment to come up with a different battery arrangement to provide 6.6 volts (two 3.3 volt cells) I plan to give this a try rather than junk it.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Hate to be "that guy" bumming parts lol but i was recently given an omni pro that has only 3h dive time and still works like a champ :p but it is missing the rubber housing. If one of you junk your computer i would be VERY VERY VERY greatfull if you might sell the rubber housing :)
thanks a lot!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom