dacor eagle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The subject of Dacor is one of slight controversy. I believe that the Eagle is a "post Mares take over" reg so you should be ok as far as warranty goes. The are a satisfactory reg to buy and it shouldn't give you any problems. Although I know that in my area Dacor is not a hapening thing and people generally stay away from it.
Personally I would not recommend this reg to anyone because of the company's "up in the air" status. I am sure that there are other brand names where you are looking. If I recall dacor was even a little over priced.

starsbravo:
is the dacor eagle a good reg to buy? any pros and cons???

The Eagle is essentially a Mares Proton reg with a few changes. It is a very good recreational diving reg.

Greg

I own one, and I like the reg itself, breathes great. However, There is a design flaw, and subsequently, I had a warranty service issue with it. The purge button (not a great design) had popped out 2 or 3 times, and I just popped it back in. The last time it popped out was in the water, so I took it in to get serviced. Well, Dacor took 3 MONTHS to get the part to my LDS!! They replaced the entire housing, and 4 dives later, the button popped out again.

The button pops out with very little contact, or bumping of the reg (like when installing/removing from tank). Great breather, but fairly flimsy.

By the way, I have since replaced this reg with an Aqualung Legend LX, due to my concern over design/repair from Dacor. I won't be buying Dacor again. Don't trust the support of their product.

My father-in-law lost his purge button too. I surprised the part is not readily available since this seems to be a common problem.

Over the years I have learned to avoid Dacor. When I used to rent at the local quarry if they gave me a dacor reg I would ask for something different.

[<SNIP> The last time it popped out was in the water, so I took it in to get serviced. Well, Dacor took 3 MONTHS to get the part to my LDS!! They replaced the entire housing, and 4 dives later, the button popped out again. <SNIP>

I have no problem getting repalcement product out of Dacor. What I normally do in the shop is replace the regulator with a brand new one on the spot and then send the old one back for replacement. It generally takes two weeks and I always get back a brand new product. I have never had an issue with Dacor or Mares for that matter not honoring a product I send back. I snipped your post because I am wondering why your LDS made you wait for a part to come in. Did they have another one on the shelf or in the cabinet? As in your case it happened again. I would have then offered you a completely different regulator .

and just think...i bought an eagle and eagle octo just a few months ago.....i have not had such a problem. should i be worried or pay extra attention to my regs while diving? :06:

foneguy:
and just think...i bought an eagle and eagle octo just a few months ago.....i have not had such a problem. should i be worried or pay extra attention to my regs while diving? :06:

Has anyyone thought to contact Dacor (or whoever is in charge over there) or the distributor and see if there is a recall on these things?
Or they may be like Aqualung issuing free replacements for things that break often. They did this for the conshelf plastic second stage cases.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom