Dacor C3N, never seen water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldmossback

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Gents & Ladies

I have a Dacor Double Hose that has never seen water. The model is C3N.......rather rare I believe. This model does not have a Dail-a-Breath feature although the can was primed for this and it does not have the second diaphgram with exhaust valve, but rather a duckbill flutter valve similar to the USD type, however it is of thicker material.

It comes with Tinner clamps, original mouthpiece, USD repo hoses mounted and the original hoses if you intend to use this as a display.

All the rubber is like new.......this unit was and is well preserved. Off a tank on the floor it breaths really nice.......better than my R4.

Display is what it was used for for many years in a dive shop and the last 10 years in a clothes closet wrapped in bubble wrap..........

I was planning on diving with this unit, but never got around to it. It is new old stock and I would not hesitate to pop this on my tank as is.........however, I really don't dive pure vintage anymore and I'd just as soon sell this for someone else to enjoy rather than have it continue resting in my closet.

I'm asking $400.00. I'll post some photos in a bit.

OldMossback

And the photos are:

DacorC3N4.jpg

DacorC3N5.jpg

DacorC3N2.jpg

DacorC3N7.jpg

I actually still own a Dacor C3-N to this day.I had a Dacor R-2 that had not seen use for some time, and thought it best to send it to Dacor to have a look at it.I sent the R-2 to Dacor, and they sent me back a brand new C3-N instead, along with some of the parts from my R-2 (which I also still have).The R-2 had a small chip in the valve body so they erred on the side of caution and decided it was best to retire it (and phoned me to explain it!).That is what was so great about Dacor.They completely backed their products - and their customer service was terrific – absolutely top-notch.They always appreciated feedback and took the time to answer any questions (and this was pre-internet/pre Ma-Bell breakup - you paid attention to your long-distance phone bill and waited patiently for the mailman). Great people to deal with.I wish there were more companies like that around today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom